A Thanksgiving Blessing
It's cold outside, but it's warm in my heart.
And the gray fall sky is His work of art.
Laden and low, quiet and still,
November is welcome, and my eyes drink their fill
Of brown-gray grass and red-orange leaves,
Of pavement winding through the strong, stately trees.
Down the hill, past the barn, past the gate, up the lane,
The house with bright candles in each window pane.
Now I step inside; oh, it's warm! Oh, that smell!
Hot turkey roasting, potatoes done well!
Sweet, spicy cider, and warm winter wine
Cranberry sauce - Oh! - the flavors - divine!
The smiles and hugs are so warm and sweet.
In this cold gray November, a Thanksgiving treat.
I do love it all and am so thankful; yes,
For this lovely season...I am truly blessed.
-Rick W. Cotton
One Line Coffee
745 N High St, Columbus, OH 43215
Purchase a gift card of $25 or more and 10% goes to NSI! Our goal is 500 cards at $25 each!
Meijer Simply Giving Program
6175 Sawmill Rd, Dublin, OH 43017
Purchase $10 Meijer donation cards that directly give to NSI. Double match day is December 7th where every $10 Simply Give Donation Meijer will donate $20 which would mean $30 for NSI!
Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace
248 S 4th Street, Columbus, OH 43215
Every Monday in December, open 11:00 a.m. – 1:45 a.m., 10% of the proceeds of that day will go to NSI! Eat the best hot dogs in Columbus and help your neighbor at the same time!
TNI Presents – Improv Wars
227 N 3rd St, Columbus, Ohio 43215
Improv Wars is back for a Tuesday night special feat. DeMuth & Teeters, Donut Sundae, The Meet-Up All-Stars, and State of Play. All proceeds from the show will go to Neighborhood Services, Inc.. Groups will battle it out for audience laughs to see who wins the night and bragging rights. Tickets are $8 at the door or at MadLab.net/tickets. Free parking in the lot to the south of MadLab (just come on in and get a pass to put on your dashboard). Beer will be on sale too! Join us and have some laughs and help raise money to help feed folks less fortunate during the holiday season
Seventh Son Brewing Company
1101 N 4th Street, Columbus, OH 43201
Brewery Tour and Flight for $20
Come learn about brewing beer, enjoy a flight of 4 beers, and learn about how NSI is addressing hunger and poverty in our community. We will have heavy appetizers, and for every beer purchased $1 goes to NSI!
The Hunger Run
Fred Beekman Park at The Ohio State University
We’ll start the 5k run/walk at 9:00 a.m. More information to follow
This season we are reminded to be thankful, so NSI wanted to share some of the things we are most grateful for…
1. Our neighbors, we are thankful for them in our lives and the opportunity to serve them.
2. Our volunteers, we couldn’t get through the day-by-day without our faithful volunteers.
3. Our donors, we are able to serve and love our neighbors because of your support.
4. Chickens/Turkeys! We had a “Thanksgiving miracle” this year. With the push of St. Stephens, the generosity of our churches and individuals, we were able to give out chickens/turkeys for Thanksgiving this year after all!
5. Prayers of support, so many of our churches along with individuals are praying faithfully for us.
6. Meijer, Seventh Son, One Line Coffee, City BBQ, Dirty Franks, and all the amazing companies/organizations that are putting on fundraisers for us!
7. Kroger, Target, Aldi, Dan the Baker, Pepperidge Farm, and all our retail relationships for donating food every week.
8. Our Interns, Lucy and Naomi. These girls have jumped right in to helping out the pantry and planning the upcoming Hunger Run. They have put in so much time and effort to make this run a success. We are so excited and thankful!
9. Our community, we are thankful for the support and excitement we have from the community to help and to keep NSI going.
10. Susan Kreis and Kurt Brown. Our madam President and board member are both stepping down from the board this term and we are so unbelievably grateful for all the work that they have put into NSI. Their faithful service is so appreciated and we can’t express how thankful for them we are.