1. Canned Meats: Tuna, salmon, etc.
2. Canned Vegetables: Of any variety
3. Canned or Dried Fruit: Of any variety.
4. Soups and Broth: Boxes or cans, the kinds that require no extra ingredients or only water to prepare.
5. Cereal of any variety – hot or cold!
6. Peanut Butter: Full of protein and a kid favorite.
7. Pasta and Pasta Sauce
9. Biscuit/baking mixes: That require water only.
10. Evaporated/Powdered Milk: In cans, cartons, or boxes.
11. Diapers and baby wipes: Sizes 3-6 especially appreciated!
12. Toiletries: Toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo and conditioner, lip balm, deodorant, feminine hygiene products. Neighbors cannot purchase toiletries items on food stamps, sometimes the soap they receive from us is all they will have for the month.
13. Spices: Of any variety. Spices are a luxury for many of our neighbors.
14. Condiments: Ketchup, mustard, mayo, salad dressing, etc. Much like spices, these items that we take for granted, can be a luxury for our neighbors.
15. Money: We, like most pantries, are able to purchase common food items at deeply discounted prices. If you want your money to feed the largest number of people, donate cash. For every $1 you give to NSI, we can purchase $10 worth of food.
Additional Information: Consider donating reusable sturdy shopping bags, as food is heavy and many neighbors walk to the pantry. Also, it takes a degree of humility to come to the pantry, it's nice to be able to blend in while walking or using public transportation. One final note, many neighbors have to consider diabetes or heart disease, and prefer low-sugar or low-sodium options when available. Neighborhood Services Inc. is grateful for any and all contributions!